Efficient Planning Based on Competing Needs
With countless pieces to assemble and no box top to reference, planning a web project is an extremely complicated puzzle to solve. As the picture starts to come together, additional pieces are uncovered. One does not simply start with the squeakiest wheel, the simplest requirement, or follow a rigid plan from A to Z. So, what should you to do when trying to connect the requirements of the project puzzle? It’s not good enough to just capture the requirement, you must attach a set of attributes to each one.
You already know most of the edge pieces: user needs, business goals, and the expected output of a plan. Now you need to transform those inputs into requirements, which becomes the middle pieces of the puzzle. We’ll give you the tools to define the correct attributes for all requirements so you can easily organize the puzzle pieces.
Steven and Terry show you how to solve the planning puzzle from start to finish. You will walk away with a new perspective on defining your requirements.
What You'll Learn:
- Techniques to define requirement attributes
- Methodology for requirements prioritization
- Approaches for establishing relationships between requirements
- Tactics for clustering requirements, without losing their intent
- Efficiently communicating your plan with stakeholders